Sunday, March 10, 2013

Glam Girl Talk: Let's Talk Relationships

So I'm sure if you're anything like m yself, we were all tuned in together last night watching Porsha Stewart make a damn fool of herself. Although I agree that The RHOA hubby, Cordell, tends to come across a little controlling, the topic itself sort of sparked a fire inside my belly button. At times, it seems that we as women easily confuse the terms controlling and dominant. It is my belief that a man should be dominant, no matter what the situation is. However, a controlling man is something that no Glam Girl should be standing for.

Something so small as a trip to the strip club can expose the oh so huge rifts in ones relationship. Sometimes, these are rifts that are better kept secrets than shared with friends. You can't expect your friends to understand your relationship, and you can't expect them to bite their tongues either. So who is wrong in such a situation? And are the words that they speak truly words of concern or just blatant nosiness? Last night, in my opinion, the words were coming from a good place. I felt that the girls had valid points, advising Porsha to live a little and think a little less of what her hubby might think of a quick ladies night out at a Gentlemen's club. In all actuality, a secure man would likely have no issues with his woman watching the rump of another. Especially when it's all in fun. But Porsha seemed to think otherwise. Even after blatantly being told- or should I said permitted- to go out and enjoy herself. Still, in her mind, she felt that she needed to conform to the description of a wholesome housewife. Hmmm. 

That makes me think one thing- it isn't necessarily Cordell who is controlling her. Perhaps, it is her own stereotypical beliefs that are actually controlling her. So much so that she can't even reach for her own dreams and create her own legacy. Perhaps, little miss Porsha is so wrapped up on trying to look like the perfect little housewife that she can't even manage to share a sexy strawberry biting moment with her girls. Well Porsha I can tell you one thing for sure and two things for certain- I may not know what it takes to be the PERFECT wife or what she looks like. But I'm sure that she has balance- that she lives and acts on her dreams as well as his. I'm sure she has fun- because happiness is sanity. And I'm sure she doesn't dance around half naked in a music video either... Ring a bell miss Stewart? Be you. Everyone else is taken.

Please weigh in, tell me how you feel? Is it ok to be controlled by your man? Is that what a perfect wife is? 

Xoxo,
Ty 

No comments:

Post a Comment