Sunday, December 23, 2012

New Year New Room =)

Hey Glam Girls! Happy Sunday! So you all know the new year is quickly approaching and this is the time to ring in a ton of new ideas, practices and changes, right? RIGHT! So, in true Glam Girl fashion- I'm revamping my entire bedroom, just in time for 2013. I wanted something glam and chic but also comfortable enough for me to blog, lounge and sleep of course. Here is what I came up with...

For my wall colors...
The bulk of my room will be painted in this soft gray hue. I love this color because its warm and inviting but also not too girly. It'll add a nice balance to my nest.


My accent wall, which is where my DIY vanity which I call a beauty bar will be, will be covered in this striped wall paper pattern. The vanity table is a soft gray color just like the color of the other walls so I thought this pop of unexpected glam would add some character to this area.

Now for the bed...
So, yeah... I absolutely HEART this bed! It is extremely gorg. It's soft and girly yet very adult like which is exactly what I was going for. Since it will be adjacent to the contrast wall and tucked in front of my huge bay window covered by sheer chiffon curtains, I thinks its the perfect focal point for my bedroom. I couldn't wait to order this piece and it is so far my fave!

Dressers...

I purchased two of Ikea's Malm series chests in this soft purple color. I love the color and I'm totally not a dresser girl but these were way too cute. I'm adding in touches of purple with a picture frame that I have from my grandma and the bed linens so I thought this would be great. I really don't need much dresser space since I have an entire dressing room, but its good to have access to a few key pieces that I wear on a regular basis in case I don't have time to use my girly dressing nest.


Details... 


Of course, details are key in any good design plan. I thought that placing a cute little nook shelf over the door would be a great way to display some vintage perfume bottles, my favorite family portrait and  a framed copy of my first blog post. I love the small feminine touch and this will be a cute little DIY project for me to work on in the New Year.



1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. Love the purple dresser and bed idea

    ReplyDelete