Monday, December 17, 2012

RENT THE RUNWAY: Review and NYE Looks

Have you ever eyed a super expensive designer dress for a special occasion and contemplated breaking the bank to get it? Well, so have I. There have been thousands of times that I have wanted a dress but simply couldn't afford it. In some cases, I've splurged- only to wear the dress once and stare at it hanging in my closet for years after. I've sacrificed things you couldn't imagine for the sake of fashion! That was, of course, until I found a fashionistas dream! Rent The Runway!

It was 2009 and I was looking for a dress for an all white party at my university! I stumbled across a dress that gave me life honey! The google image didn't serve it justice either! It wasn't until I created an account and experienced this genius idea for myself that I realized any dress I can think of is actually within my reach.

Rent The Runway (or RTR) is a membership based website which allows you to RENT the dress of your dream for a fraction of the retailed price! The site boasts tons and tons of designers- from Dolce and Gabana to Herve Leger, any dress you can think of, you can certainly have for a few days! The idea is genius, since most of us wouldn't dare wear a dress more than once anyway! I know I'm guilty of spending hundreds on a dress, wearing it once and then tossing it into a storage bin in my basement! But not anymore! RTR is here to cut your costs and your stress level in half!

Here's how it works:
First you sign up! Membership is free and easy! You just enter your info and start shopping! Unlike other membership sites you don't have to store a credit card or any confidential info at all!
Once you're a member, you have access to the entire site- not just handpicked items that match your profile! You can search for dresses by color, length, style or event! It's easier than you think!
Once you find your perfect dress, you select your rental period. Standard rental is about four days I believe and it gets to you on the day before your rental begins! I have never had an issue with shipping or handling either!
You check out with a major credit card (or PayPal account) and your shipment is on its way! You can order way far in advance too!
So you get your dress, you rock it! You love it! You take millions of pics! Then you pack it up and send it out in a postage paid shipping box! That's right- no dry cleaning or febreezing necessary! LOL.
Pricing is incredibly reasonable and based on the retail price of the item! Dresses start as low as $50 and accessories from $10!
Sounds like a dream right? Well, it really is! I challenge you to try it! Especially with New Years Eve approaching and all of the gorgeous looks RTR has in store for the holidays. If you use my link, you'll even get $20 off your first purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment