Sunday, October 7, 2012

Backed In Love

So, we've all been hearing the stories of how Chris Brown and Rihanna are officially reunited and trying to take another shot at LOVE. Hmm.. Well, I had decided not to touch the story or do a piece on it at all, since to me the thought of one being physically assaulted by the man she LOVES does NOT give me GLAM at all. BUT, since the story just wont seem to go away, I guess there is ONE interesting point I can touch on...

That would be the fact that Oprah is backing Rihanna's choice to date Chris Brown again. Now, hear me out. Or better yet, hear Auntie Oh out... The talk show host turned lifestyle guru recently told Extra that she is no position to judge the spicy singer's decision to reunite with her assaulter, Chris Brown. Oprah went on to say that she  never passes judgement on her guests as she's interviewing them and that she has such a great time with Ri-Ri.


This all coming just days after Chris Brown announced his split with his model girlfriend Karrueche Tran AND gave all of his fans a look at a video diary entry explaining that he's in LOVE with two people. We have to ask ourselves, IS HE SERIOUS? LOL. I just can't deal with the PUBLIC breakups, the PUBLIC 'I'm so drunk yet so in love' videos, and to top it off, this PUBLIC reunion of the two. I mean, at some point isn't LOVE supposed to be PRIVATE?

Hmmm, this has me thinking all kinds of thoughts. And not the normally Glam and Gorg ones I enjoy thinking... These thoughts are more along the lines of "Why in the world of GLAM" or "What in the GORGEOUS hell"- catch my drift?

First, kudos to Oprah for not judging. (Hand clap, Side Eye) I mean, truth be told, none of us are in a position to judge. However, stupidity is stupidity. I can't fault Rihanna for still being in LOVE with Chris (keeping in mind that his body is AMAZING and we've all seen that sex tape he released). And I can't fault Chris for wanting to rekindle a flame with such a hot woman. (And YES, Rihanna is Glam, Gorg and HOT) The problem I have with this, again, is that it's all so public. When did it become ok to string America along in what seems to be a game of breakup to makeup? It's not like we're talking cuss words and sad faces here. We're talking down right SMACK DOWNS like WWE or something. We watched as Rihanna stood battered and broken and we watched as America helped to put her back together. It was people like Auntie Oh who stepped in and got down to the nitty gritty of how she was really feeling. Although the 'We Found Love' bellowing beauty told Oprah honestly, during the infamous Oprah's Last Chapter interview, that she was indeed still in love with Chris and probably would always be, I don't think any of us were expecting THIS. At least not so soon.
(Oh Rihanna!)



It's obvious to me that Chris hasn't matured in any way. He's still getting physical with people (remember that brawl in an NYC nightclub between him and Drake's camp). And he's still a cheating DOG... Which was made obvious in that poorly scripted video spill he did. So what's in the future for poor Ri-Ri? More importantly, what's in store for the rest of America? Are we going to be forced to witness yet another beat down in the near future? Will there be wedding bells? Is Jay-Z going to snap Brown's neck? Idk... but what I do know is that enough is enough and Rihanna and Chris need to get their sh*t together or keep it out of the public's view.

Weigh In- Do you think Rihanna should have given Chris another shot?

No comments:

Post a Comment