Saturday, October 27, 2012

Booze For Boobs Recipe (Requested)

Hey ladies... so as promised, here is the recipe to the Bahama Mama Mason Jar Cupcakes I shared last week. This recipe is really quick and simple yet the finished product goes over amazingly well. I made these to share with a few girlfriends at work to remind them of the need for Breast cancer Awareness!

Things You'll Need-
1 Box of cake mix Strawberry or White
Ingredients called for on Box, minus water (this we'll replace with something better, later)
About 2 cups of Coconut Rum
About a half cup of Pina Colada Drink Mix
Fluffy white frosting

12 Mason Jars
Two choices of Ribbon colors
Tape or Glue
12 Extra Baking Cups

First Things First:
I started out by preheating my oven as instructed on the cake box. I used Moist Strawberry cake mix which called for a preheated setting of 350 degrees. While the oven heated, I followed the directions on the cake box, mixing all of the necessary ingredients together in a large bowl, with the exception of the water. Since the recipe called for one cup of water, I replaced it with a cup of the coconut flavored rum. Mix all the ingredients well. You'll notice that since you used the rum, the consistency may be slightly off since it is a little more dense than water (I assume that's why). I then added about a half cup of the Pina Colada drink mix and stirred the mix well. This gave me a much better consistency.  Once the batter is mixed and ready, fill a muffin pan lined with baking cups about half way with the mix. Bake as instructed.

While the cupcakes were baking, I used that time to decorate my mason jars with two toned ribbons and tape. I wanted the jars to be something the girls could use again, so I opted for tape over glue. I simply wrapped a pink ribbon all the way around the perimeter of the jar, taped it to secure it and then followed those steps with a contrasting berry colored ribbon. Once all the jars were done, I popped out the removable tops in the lids and filled them with baking cups instead.

Once the cupcakes begin to rise, remove the muffin pan and drizzle on the remaining Cocount Rum. Return baking pan to oven and continue to bake until cupcakes are completely baked. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.

Stir the remaining Pina Colada mix into the white frosting. This will give the frosting a very distinctive taste matched with the cupcakes. Spoon frosting onto cupcakes very sparingly. Too much frosting can get very messy.  Start with the largest cupcakes and place into bottoms of mason jars. Once all of the jars are full, top with another cupcake and then your customized jar lids.

I hope you glam girls find this recipe easy, breezy and beautiful. LOL. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment