Monday, October 29, 2012

Fashion Smack Down: Celeb Boutique VS For the Fabulous

Hey Glam Girls! So, as you know, I've been shopping around for some dress options to take along to Vegas in a few weeks. Just when I thought I had found the perfect NYE dress for the perfect price, my eyes stumbled upon this. www.Forthefabulous.com
Its a website very similar to Celeb Boutique where I found the 'Carly' dress that my heart had set on wearing for New Years Eve in Vegas. Like Celeb Boutique, this site offers celebrity inspire pieces made completely affordable to the every day girl. When I located the same exact dress (just happening to be checking out the site for something else) priced at least fifty dollars lower, I almost lost my mind! I decided to do a tiny little review on both sites to see which ones measure up to my slightly high expectations. Lets see. . .

Upon first entering either of the sites, you quickly notice the stream of celeb pics scrolling across the screen. Glam Girls like Kim K, JLo, Beyonce and Amber Rose are seen rocking the dresses that served as the inspiration for these said replicas. Celeb Boutique boasts a very tech savvy home page, with tons of pictures blinking in and out of the screen, while FTF (For the Fabulous) brings us subtle simplicity with about four celebrity photos.

You'll notice that Celeb Boutique has lots of tabs at the top of the screen. You can select to view all dresses, just body con dresses, skirts, tops or even choose to shop by celeb. This site gives you options to categorize your search while FTF allows you to choose from dresses, skirts or sale items only. Celeb Boutique offers jewelry, shoes, bags and belts as well. The site even offers HAIR EXTENSIONS. *side eye ya'll* The site offers a Hall of Fame tab, where shoppers are able to see real people wearing dresses purchased on the site, just in case you needed a push to purchase. FTF as you can imagine does NOT offer any of this. Simply dresses and skirts.

So where are you going to buy from? Celeb Boutique you say? Well, not so fast. When all the bells and whistles are silenced, it all comes down to one simple thing... "what you twerkin with?" LOL Translation- PRICE!

I did a few comparisons in reference to pricing on the sites and while FTF might have dropped the ball on everything else, it slam dunked on Celeb Boutiques price points. Take a look:

Lets start out with a dress we're all familiar with. My tentative NYE look option. For the sake of confusion, we'll stick by Celeb Boutique and call it the 'Carly' dress. I noted early on that I was prepared to pay $200 for this dress, as listed on Celeb Boutique. Though the dress has since dropped down to $189 on the site, I would much rather pay the listed $145 for the SAME dress at FTF.

Celeb Boutique Carly $189


FTF Koko Dress $145
Now, lets take a look at another dress both sites offer. Well, because it makes since, we'll call this dress the 'Evelyn'. I'm assuming Celeb Boutique named this the Evelyn because it was spotted on Reality TV star Evelyn Lozada. Evelyn's dress was an Herve Leger bandage which flaunted a tube neckline and bursts of color. This replica does exactly that. . .

Celeb Boutique Evelyn $204

Celeb Boutique Celebrity Photo

FTF Ella $165

FTF Photo Evelyn Lozada


Lastly, lets view two dresses that are similar in context. . .
FTF Nadeen $140


Celeb Boutique Papaya $173

Ok! So Glam Girls, you tell me, which site would you shop at? Keep in mind, these are virtually the SAME dresses and most of them are replicas of other dresses anyway. I haven't purchased from FTF as of yet, but I am certainly going to. I will be sure to feature a review and possibly a haul on the company. But for now, what are your thoughts?


25 comments:

  1. Girlllll.... I just placed my 2nd order with CB for a few dresses and another jacket that I loveeeee so needed a different color. Now I see the info on the other site, and their items are the same, but prices for FTF are much better! Glad CB has an amazing return policy...lol Thanks for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssss! Much better prices. FTF doesn't offer quite as many options but I'm willing to take my chances on the items they do offer. And for the ones that they don't, there's alway CB! =) LOL

      Delete
  2. how is quality of clothing and fit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality is great! The Carly dupe fits perfectly. There is so much stretch in it that you pretty much can't go wrong. The dress is very heavy- nicely made!

      Delete
  3. You should also try Just Chic Boutique at www.justchiconline.com for the same high quality bandage dresses as Celeb Boutique but for much cheaper prices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had a terrible experience with Celeb Boutique and I would suggest to everyone that you do not shop there - their prices are so high when smaller boutiques are selling the same dresses for half the price. I bought a dress from them for £120 and it is ripped - I have phoned several times and received no response. My friend also had a similar experience - they are out to rip you off with their ridiculous prices and terrible customer service. DO NOT SHOP WITH CELEB BOUTIQUE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a dress for my birthday on celeb boutique and when it arrived it hade a hole in the side! Like wth :/ anyway. I wrote to them to try and get a refund and I had no reply... My birthday was a week after I received the dress so my mum said I should find another shop to get a dress and she would pay for it Iincase cb do not reply.

    I stumbled across a website called getwylde.co.uk and found they had some of the same dresses as CB and we're massively cheaper. I was scared torder but took my chances and it was a good chance to take because the quality was great. It came in two days

    ReplyDelete
  6. GIRL YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT WWW.SMOOCHXOXO.COM YOU WILL BE SHOCKED EVEN MORE

    ReplyDelete
  7. GIRL YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT WWW.SMOOCHXOXO.COM YOU WILL BE SHOCKED EVEN MORE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Problem is that CB deisgn them & those are their images, so the FtF site is using their pics and you end up with a diff product, but have seen the same images. ive bought from CB and some of the copy sites, and although the price is less id stick to cb. The quality is not the same on the copy sites, the colour, cut and fabric was all wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is it possible you could share the manufactures name with me via email... i am looking for a birthday dress for my daughter and i simply can not afford Celeb boutiques prices or the bad customer service... wakysha@gmail.com

      Delete
  9. I have ordered from CB and I received my dress two days after. Yes they are a pricy but the fabric is really good quality. Can't go wrong with CB and I highly recommend it to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No your wrong they dont design there dresses at all celeb boutique buy the dresses from the same wholesaler that i will be getting mine,, celeb boutique tend to cut the labels out meaning they are hiding the fact they bought replicas at a cheap price,,, dont be fooled I did my research the designs are made in another country celeb boutique is lieing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chas baz that is really interesting as they are promoting that they design all their dresses themselves. Could you possible let me know what country?

      Delete
    2. Hi Chaz Baz, where do you get that info from? I know for a fact they design their own products but these brands like FTF are the ones copying them. No wonder why CB is the only one that has opened 2 physical stores in the UK and is opening some more in the US, they have the rights of the brand and designs...

      Delete
    3. Bullshit,, they are actually a registered compnay in honk kong where all the manufacturers are,, you can even register the designs here after agreeing with the manufacturer. A new item they put on sale recently exactly on the same day it was released on the manufacturers wesite so how they hell can they copy. A video is easy to obtain when you can film it in the manufacturers lol this company just want to control who sells these dresses. Reason they opening stores is cost they overcharge on the dresses, jesus if i was selling em for that id prob have 20 stores open y now

      Delete
    4. is it possible you could share the manufactures name with me via email... i am looking for a birthday dress for my daughter and i simply can not afford Celeb boutiques prices or the bad customer service... wakysha@gmail.com

      Delete
  11. No your wrong they dont design there dresses at all celeb boutique buy the dresses from the same wholesaler that i will be getting mine,, celeb boutique tend to cut the labels out meaning they are hiding the fact they bought replicas at a cheap price,,, dont be fooled I did my research the designs are made in another country celeb boutique is lieing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, this is www.theholtstore.com and we would like to talk to you about writing a similar article if you like our dresses for affiliate commission. holtnicholl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for this post! I had my eye on several dresses from CB. I am now checking out FTF :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had great luck with the below sites... Some have a large selection with great quality.. They aren't as big as CB but the quality is great and because they are smaller boutiques the customer service is friendly the wait to deliver can be 1-5 business days www.kourvosieurapparel.com
    www.bandagedressoutlet.com
    http://shop.kardieor.com
    www.trinasglamcloset.com
    https://www.shop-posh.com/
    http://www.toxicenvyboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Guys, CB are complete and utter Lyers!! They do not, I repeat, the do not design the dresses themselves. They purchase from china as does everyone else that sells these dresses and put their own label on it. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I now shop at bwcloset.com, the same stuff at CB but cheaper and good quality material . CB return is no good

    ReplyDelete
  18. I now shop at bwcloset.com, the same stuff at CB but cheaper and good quality material . CB return is no good

    ReplyDelete