Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oh, You Wanted to See My Hairrrrr?

Hey Glam Girls! I know it's been a while since I was supposed to upload a video review of my hairrrrr recently purchased and installed! The hair I got is Virgin Brazilian Curly. In its natural state, however, the hair seemed to tote a loose wave pattern which I wasn't crazy about it. I installed the hair as a regular partial sew-in, leaving just over an inch of the front of my hair out. If you are familiar with hair weaving, you may wonder why I didn't install the hair on either a u-part wig or a netting cap. The answer to that is simple: time! Lol. The hair took a lot longer than I expected to arrive so once I got it installation was kind of a hurried issue.

Unwrapping and First Impression-
When I unpacked the hair I was very excited! The hair was extremely soft and the wave pattern was excellent! The hair was a dark brown color, upon first view and I thought it would blend pretty well with my hair. I ran my fingers through the hair, checking for grays and shedding! As you can imagine, there were tons of grays in the hair! I tried plucking most of them out but it was virtually impossible.
I did, however, notice that the lengths were not exactly as selected. My 22 inch bundle measured out to be a little over 20 inches long pulled and stretched. The 20 inch bundle was almost 19 inches and the 18 was exact. I wouldn't have had a problem with this except it made for difficult layering without cutting the hair 😒.

Before Installation-
Before installing any virgin hair, I co-wash the hair using a moisturizer shampoo. Because I've had Brazilian hair before, I decided to stick to my guns and use Garnier Sleek and Shine conditioner. I find that this works very well on this texture of hair. I washed te hair well and then hung it on pants hangers to air dry for a day or two. I used a Few drops of Moroccan Argon oil while the hair was damp! Once the hair was dry, I started to get a feel for the pros and cons.

Sidebar: Pros--> the curl bounced back without an issue. The hair didn't seem to require any product to assist with curl structure. The hair holds a curl, girllll! LOL Cons--> the hair does frizz A LOT and I use heat and frizz block when curling and I only hot curled the hair once. Tangling is pretty manageable at this phase of the install. I don't think the hair will tangle much because its really soft and loose. It isn't very heavy and I find that heavier hairs tend to tangle more. I don't experience a lot of shedding and I DID NOT seal my wefts before this installation! So I was automatically expecting some shedding which I get occasionally, especially while paddle brushing from my longest bundle. But I must say I'm surprised at how little the hair did shed. Really that's it for the cons, for now.

Installation-
Like I mentioned, I installed the hair in a very basic sew-in weave! My leave out was minimal and my hair was not relaxed. I did touch up the leaving area and deep conditioned it to make for a better blending situation. My braid pattern is a hot mess so don't even ask LOL. But I plan to keep this installed for about three weeks tops and then I'm going to take the hair out to color it. This bipolar colorist killing me!

Overall, on a scale of 1-10 I'm giving this hair a 7.5! Though there is a tiny bit of shedding and the slightest bit of tangling iLove this hair! I'm so excited for the many styles I can accomplish with it and I can't wait to keep you girls posted!!! 💋

For everyone who is still awaiting the vlog response on my hair- stay tuned this weekend! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment