Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hair Ye, Hair Ye =)

Hello again and happy Sunday Glam Girls! It's been a rainy day here in Limerick (where my parents live so I usually spend my weekends here) so I've been conformed to the inside of the house, tweeting, downloading and of course online shopping. What most people probably DON'T know about me is that my absolute most favorite thing to do (besides shopping, eating and drinking) in my spare time is actually to watch YouTube tutorials on beauty, HAIR and fashion.

Besides being obsessed with all things glitz and Glam, I am completely obsessed with hair extensions! Now, I've never been blessed with hair flowing down my backside, but I've always been a hair weave connoisseur. *winks eye* I mean, I've tried it all from yaky hair (years ago) to remy and virgin hair. Right now, I'm hooked on Virgin Remy hair. Not because it's the FAD of the year but because it's great quality hair. It lasts long and gives you beautiful, natural like hair. Who wouldn't love that?

The problem I've been running into, however, is that a lot of "hair companies" for a lack of better words, will sell poor quality hair, claiming that it's virgin hair. The term VIRGIN means that the hair has not been processed, meaning that it should come in its absolute natural state, with the exception of a co-wash process which is done to cleanse the hair and treat for lice.  Now, I'm no HAIR GURU, or at least not so to speak. But I do know hair. I know quality and I know when I've been outright scammed! I haven't taken to YouTube to air out any of the companies I've experienced or anything like that because I never thought it would actually make a difference. But as I think about it, there are so many other Glam Girls out here dishing out portions of our shoe funds to people who aren't holding up to their end of the deal. It's very frustrating and it almost makes you want to lash out on a video blog or something of the sort. But I will remain committed to only supporting positive companies who stand for what's right.

I recently learned that one of my college friends had started a hair company. I decided to switch out my normal buying habits (online) and go for someone that I know personally and can really trust. I'm very excited to test out the product and provide a review on the hair (since some of you won't stop emailing me requests to do so LOL) and I'm confident it will be a great review. I haven't discussed it with her yet, so before I go spilling out the name of her company and providing you guys with links to buy, I'll definitely run that by her. Though I'm sure she'll be open to new clientele, I want to make sure all parties are aware and consenting before I add my two cents. I will, however, review the hair once I receive it and have it installed.

I've been thinking a lot about how I want to wear my hair for fall. Of course, I'm on this major spending diet in an attempt to prepare for the purchase of my boyfriend's uber special bday gift! So I can't run off to the salon every other week for the next few months. I definitely need a hairstyle that will last a while. I also want something that will allow my natural hair to breathe. I've been wearing sewed in weaves for a while, and the front of my hair, known as the leave out, has gotten heat damage in the worst way! I strayed away from middle parts for that reason but I'm dying to get them back. This time around, I need something that leaves absolutely NO HAIR OUT but still looks natural and pretty. So, I guess I'll be trying a lace closure...

Lace closures are very popular these days because a lot of Glam Girls want their entire head of hair to be protected from the heat of styling tools used on hair extensions. Since I also plan to color my extensions, this will probably be a great alternative for me. The thing is, I've never used one. Since I'm installing the hair myself, I'm nervous about how to install AND color the lace closure. I've watched countless YouTube tutorials on the process and let me tell you- not a single one of them make it look simple. I'm definitely going to give it a shot. But I'll be sure to do my hair on a Saturday just in case it doesn't turn out exactly the way I want it! =) This way, I'll have another day to make it perfect.

Other than the lace closure, I have to purchase some more heat protector sprays, bleach for coloring, and perhaps a curling wand (which I've been looking for an excuse to buy for weeks). So in total, this new hairstyle will probably cost me a few pair of shoes. BUT, it will last me a long time AND help me to make my boyfriend's bday gift a bit more attainable!

So, Hair Ye, Hair Ye =)


Check out some of my previous sewn in styles. . .










Now on to some looks I'll be trying out next. . .

I added these because she was my inspiration for the day. Jennifer Jenkins... YouTube Channel BeautybyJJ <3


2 comments:

  1. omg your hair is so fabulous I've purchased some Brazilian hair a few months ago that I've yet to have installed I can't wait to see the outcome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll!!!! Definitely check out the latest post where I shared the results, its titled You wanted to see my Hairrrrr! LOL! I'm loving the hair! Send pics of your install and I'll share them as well =)

      Delete